Here at Royal Greenwich Trust School, we are committed to ensuring that all our staff are given opportunities to develop their practice in order to excel as professionals. Through a programme of internal and external training from a wide network of training providers across London, our staff have access to the highest quality of professional learning available.
Professional Development Opportunities for Teaching Staff
All teachers at RGTS have access to regular opportunities for training and development, both as individuals and as part of their wider faculty teams. We also offer a comprehensive programme of in-house continual professional learning (CPL) that is focused on developing teacher practice and delivering excellent student outcomes. This model is co-facilitated with colleagues from partner schools to ensure that we adopt a collaborative approach to CPL.
- Weekly teaching and learning briefings where colleagues share best practice
- Masterclasses for specific areas of pedagogical development
- Twilight sessions for extended faculty-based training
- Trust-wide INSET days to facilitate school-to-school collaboration
- Learning labs where teachers can conduct peer observations
- Opportunities to visit schools across the trust, including partnership with primary colleagues
- External curriculum reviews with subject specialists
- Training on Ofsted preparation for teachers and leaders
- Access to training on effective workload management and staff wellbeing
We have an extensive range of partnerships with prestigious institutions and training providers, including:
- University Schools Trust
- University of Greenwich
- Institute of Education
- Ambition School Leadership
- Teach First
- Professional Associations for your subject e.g. the PSHE Association
Professional Development Opportunities for Support Staff
RGTS employs a wide range of support staff that each play a pivotal role in ensuring the high quality of service to our students and wider community. All support staff at RGTS have access to a range of training and development that can widen their skill set and pave the way for career progression.
As a school, we are committed to every member of staff and their personal career ambitions. If there is something that you are interested in pursuing that would increase your effectiveness in your role and develop you as a professional, we will endeavour to support you in securing the appropriate training.
Opportunities for support staff include:
- First aid training
- GDPR training
- Apprenticeship mentoring and ongoing support
- Access to our NQT induction programme
Whatever your role in the school, we are committed to ensuring that you receive the opportunities needed to develop in your career.