As a start-up secondary school, we have the privileged opportunity to welcome in a brand new cohort of students to join our ever growing school community each year.
Being part of a start-up school is a unique opportunity for students to become part of a tight-knit community and have a real ownership over the growth and development of their school.
In response to the recent determination made by the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (OSA) we have removed ability banding from our admission arrangements for entry from September 2018.
If you would like to apply for a Year 7, 8, 9, 10 place at our school you can join our waiting list.
Once you have submitted your application:
- A member of the admissions team will confirm receipt of your application via email and contact you by phone to make arrangements for a brief interview.
- Information will be collected for your child and consent will be obtained to contact previous schools for a reference.
- Once a reference has been received, the school will consider whether an offer can be made.
- Once an offer is made, you will be notified by letter and provided with a welcome pack. You will also be invited to attend an admissions meeting with the Head of Year. You will have the opportunity to meet key members of staff, have a tour of the school, introduced to Student Services and meet some of your peers. You will be provided with information about purchasing the school uniform and other useful information to get started. Once the admissions process has been completed, your child will be able to start their journey with us at RGTS.
- On your child's first day, they will be met by a member of the Student Services team and provided with a timetable. They will be issued with a 'buddy' to support with movement around the school and introduced to new friendship groups. Student Services will support your child's transition to our school throughout the week and at the end of the week, your child's Head of Year will contact you and provide an update on their first week with us!
Application for our Sixth Form are open now and can be made online.